Calendar year 2017 may still be three months away, but it’s not too early for content marketing experts to make predictions on growing trends. According to Joe Pulizzi, the founder and CEO of Content Marketing Institute, the most successful organizations will be those that take the time to create a real marketing strategy. It seems that even experienced marketers focus too much on campaigns and discussing products and services and not enough time on putting a formal strategy in place. Other organizations miss out by not reviewing their marketing strategy nearly often enough. Here are five other growing trends that require your attention:
- Influencer Marketing: This has always been important, but in 2016 it made it into the top five trends in content promotion. Influencer marketing orients its activities around specific people in the industry thought to have the greatest impact on potential buyers. These key people are hired by an organization to deliver a message to a broader audience.
- Interactive and Personalized Content: No one wants to feel like they are just a number, and this is increasingly showing up in content marketing strategies. Videos and written content are geared more towards specific personas and groups of individuals rather than for everyone the marketer hopes to convert. The use of interactive content that allows readers to click on topics of greatest interest to them is growing in demand and application as well. This requires a marketing team that knows how to effectively link different types of content.
- Mobile Capability: You have probably been hearing for years that companies must have a mobile responsive website in order to remain competitive. Now that we’re on the heels of 2017, you simply can’t afford to ignore this advice any longer. With most Americans having at least one mobile device, you will lose out to the competition if potential customers can’t find and easily scan details about your products and services while on the go.
- Quality Written Content: The use of video in marketing may be trending, but consider that someone still has to write the story-based text that goes along with them. It’s also important to remember that Google still rewards sites with well-written, informative content of actual value to readers and penalizes those that offer little more than spam. However, marketing talent doesn’t always equate to writing talent. If you don’t feel confident in your writing ability or simply don’t have the time to write content, browse our Writer Directory to outsource the work.
- Video and Visual Marketing: Using video in your marketing campaigns just makes sense, no matter what the platform. At the beginning of 2016, the research group Insivia released some staggering statistics on video marketing. For example, did you know that you can increase conversion rates by 80 percent just by including a video on your landing page? When your company email contains video, open rates can be as much as 300 percent higher. These are just two trends that Joe Pulizzi of Content Marketing Institute expects to keep trending.
Originally published at Content Runner blog 9/30/16
What do my clients say?
"I've found, quite possibly, the most impressive content writer I've had the fortune of working with in 10-12 years in Lisa Kroulik. She has not only exceeded my initial expectations but displayed the type of professionalism and ethics that I've been at a loss to find--and is now an integral part of my team."
- Sandra Riehl, Saris Web Design, Chaska MN
"I have been working with Lisa for several months now and am very pleased to have found a professional, friendly, and willing writer like her. Lisa has been consistently delivering exactly what we ask for no matter how difficult the research and writing assignment may be. Apart from her very accomplished writing abilities, Lisa's timeliness is second to none and has been a huge asset to our relationship."
- Sam Messina, Akamai Innovations, Monterey CA
“I have several different healthcare/medical clients that Lisa writes blogs for. She is immensely talented, always on time (or before), and always accurate. She is my go-to writer of choice!”
-Donna W., FEED Agency, Fayetteville, AR
"Lisa followed my directions to a T. She over-delivered, which is a breath of fresh air. Thanks, Lisa!"
-Kristen Haley, Zomalo, Malden MA
“Thank you! Very professional and knowledgeable writer. I look forward to working with you more. I would recommend Lisa to anyone who needs a great writer.”
-Chris B., Affordable Image, Phoenix AZ
"Lisa has been working on Content Runner for close to a year and has consistently been one of the most sought-after writers. She receives extremely high reviews and is praised often for her work."
- Chad Fisher, Content Runner, Seattle WA